Money Sent goods and Services

diaperbuyer
New Community Member
Hi Personal account here. Someone ( I don't know them) sent me money as goods and services. I want to send it back to them but PayPal took out a fee. Can I refund them and not myself pay? They sent me $65 but I actually have $62.15 when I go to refund them I have the option to give them back $65 but I loose that fee personally. Any other steps I can take?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diaperbuyer 

deduct 30 cents (the flat rate which PayPal keeps currently on refunds) from the $65 and enter that as the amount your are refunding, the PayPal variable rate fees will be refunded by PayPal. Note that on May 7th, PayPal will no longer be refunding any fees so get it while the getting is good.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diaperbuyer 

deduct 30 cents (the flat rate which PayPal keeps currently on refunds) from the $65 and enter that as the amount your are refunding, the PayPal variable rate fees will be refunded by PayPal. Note that on May 7th, PayPal will no longer be refunding any fees so get it while the getting is good.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.