Money Sent Before Email Set Up in PayPal

GomolaDW
New Community Member

I sent someone a Money Request and they said they sent money.  They said my email wouldn't accept it so I created a GMail account.  I never received an email to accept the money.

Anyone know why I wouldn't get the email to accept the money after the email was set up?  Can I just cancel the money request?  If it's still pending, can the sender cancel it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GomolaDW 

Something this person is saying doesn’t gel right so proceed with caution.

If a PayPal money request or PayPal invoice is still “pending”, it means it’s unpaid. At least not through the money request. This person can cancel the money request indeed but that doesn’t cancel payment because none was made.

If the sender used “Send & Request” through their PayPal account to pay and you do not see an email payment confirmation OR a record of payment in your PayPal account then you also have not been paid.

Even if you didn’t somehow confirm your email address, you would receive an official PayPal email asking you to claim the money if payment was even sent.

Either there is some issue with your email addresses or the sender is sketchy. Or the sender is from a country where personal payment can’t be sent if they were opting for that instead of a goods and services payment on the money request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.