Money On Hold Disappeared

MuffinGirl110
Contributor
Contributor

After two weeks of looking for my refund still I received nothing. I placed the order with Old Navy on the 1st. The order was canceled, payment was sent, removed from my account. The term used used was "on hold". After the allotted time that they gave me for processing my refund. I'm told that my refund was sent and PayPal was holding it. I call PayPal customer service on a three-way with an Old Navy representative. I'm told by PayPal that my refund was issued. I pull up my online statements immediately, the transaction to Old Navy was missing, the pending payment was missing, and my balance was the same and hadn't changed since my latest transaction of me adding money to my card.. PayPal manager explained to me that I was issued a refund. Nowhere on my current statement was that true nowhere did my balance reflect it. After an hour long conversation with the paypal representative, the Old Navy representative discontinued the call " seeing that the problem I was having was with me and the bank I was using". The PayPal manager was not helpful in returning my refund. The PayPal representative had a totally different statement than I have access to. I am very disappointed in the services that I was provided, and the lost of my funds. The PayPal manager accused me of lying about my transactions. I have been dealing with PayPal for years and never have I've never been scammed out of my money. What do I do? This is the question keep asking. Do I count it as a lost... ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Do you use Quicken/QuickBooks or anything like that to reconcile your accounts? If so, it would be very easy to show that you did not receive the refund (or find that you actually did.)

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

MuffinGirl110
Contributor
Contributor
No, I've been using PayPal for years. I did agree to print out my statements the ones that was visible to me and send them as proof. That idea wasn't accepted. Time to find a new bank
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Your statement should pretty clearly show where that money went. I've had similar issues and they've always been very helpful helping me track down the discrepancy.

Have you had any other disputes or anything like that which could have used that money to cover that you aren't seeing?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.