Mistake to wrong email

LukaRias
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally send to an inactive PayPal.  How do I cancel the payment?

First time making this mistake and haven't really use this account for a long time.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukaRias 

If payment status is "unclaimed", after 30 days, it will be automatically returned. If payment status is "completed" contact your recipient directly to ask for a refund. If no response, click on the transaction, then click "Report a problem" and file a dispute (do not file Unauthorized Payment dispute as that is for transactions sent without your permission or knowledge and is wrong reason for dispute and can get your claim denied).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukaRias 

If payment status is "unclaimed", after 30 days, it will be automatically returned. If payment status is "completed" contact your recipient directly to ask for a refund. If no response, click on the transaction, then click "Report a problem" and file a dispute (do not file Unauthorized Payment dispute as that is for transactions sent without your permission or knowledge and is wrong reason for dispute and can get your claim denied).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LukaRias
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I put in wrong disbute. What do do next I haven't really have this issue before. Well managed to find the owner of the inactive email they said they will refund me the money but how long will it take to refund back?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.