Misspelled pay-pal email on my receiving address.

robertuy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

I am newly working at remotask, and I mistakenly spelled my email at my receiving fee's email at remotask. which remotask automatically sends my earnings directly to that pay-pal address. they already sent $200 to that email. at first i thought it could take 4days to 1 week before it will appear on my pay-pal accout. but then i found out that the email was incorrectly spelled. but im 90% sure that that email is not valid since my email is very long and contains specific characters. can i still get the money back?

thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robertuy 

You need to ask what it says next to the transaction in the senders account ie completed/ sent OR unclaimed and if so is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi, robertuy. Thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. Having a payment sent to an incorrect email address is a definite concern!

@kernowlass is correct, and it's up to the sender to see if a payment sent to an incorrect email address can be canceled. It may be possible for you to claim the money by adding and confirming the correct email address to your PayPal account, but it's usually easier for the sender to cancel the payment and send a new one to the correct email address.

The steps on how a sender may cancel a payment (if possible) can be found at https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/can-i-cancel-a-paypal-payment-faq637. I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.