Missing payment?

Morgan6996
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I’ve recently sold something on eBay, which all went well and I got my email notifying me I got paid , so I came on Paypal and saw nothing there. So I didn’t think anything of it I thought maybe it takes a few hours. 8 days have gone buy and nothing has came through. All help is appreciated.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

open a case with eBay or call them, Looks like payment wasn't required instantly, So the person committed to buy maybe forgot to pay or they decided not to pay, Probably they did by mistake

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morgan6996

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old email address or one not linked to your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe they paid by e-Check which takes a 5-7 business days to show in your account. take a screen shot of the email from PayPal, So i can have an idea on what happened.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelHF

If that was the case it would still show in their paypal account but have pending with a clearance date next to it.

The fact it shows paid on ebay but not showing on paypal is normally due to an incorrect or old email address on the sellers auction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.