Missing money from Balance

hebeimogenx
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a payment come out of my bank account, which I had realised had declined a few days prior due to me being on holiday and forgetting to transfer money into that account. I just sold something on EBay and the payment went into my PayPal account (over £300) but when checking my PayPal balance I only have £100 in there. This has lead me to believe my bounced payment was sat in Negative on PayPal, which would mean I need to re-imburse my PayPal account, but the money as mentioned earlier has already come out of my bank account too. There is nothing on my activity about the money coming out of my PayPal or me having a negative balance. I’m pretty worried, does this mean I have paid twice? I have tried to call PayPal but the number isn’t working for UK or international from my phone for some reason. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hebeimogenx

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Transfers take 5-7 working days in the UK.

So paypal have now taken the funds BUT if your negative balance has already been cleared then by the time the funds arrive in your paypal account they will be added to your balance as a CREDIT.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.