Metro bank account balance has dropped, but Paypal payments still pending

T_Dynz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Paypal purchases I made earlier this week are showing up as pending in the Metro Bank app, but this has clearly been subtracted from my balance. So now it looks like I don't have enough money left in the account for the pending money to be taken out. Additionally, Metro bank now sent me a text that my balance can't cover those payments and fees will be charged if I don't top up this account. What the actual **bleep**? 

Please advise, this is giving me enormous stress.

Kind regards,

D

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @T_Dynz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

In general, when you choose to pay using your bank account as a funding source, we charge your bank account 5-7 days after the date of the PayPal payment. We anticipate the money to the seller, but the charge will occur a few days later. If you don't have enough money in your bank account at the time of the charge, we may charge a secondary funding source such as a linked card, or your balance. This may cause a negative balance on the account and if this happens, you can always top up the balance by following the on-screen instructions. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.