McDonald's app charging twice

Douggulfur_1
New Community Member
Does anyone else have problems with McDonald's charging twice on the pick up at store app?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, Douggulfur_1. Welcome to the PayPal Community! Sorry to hear there's been a problem with duplicate charges when you use the McDonald's app. That's no good, for sure.

That's likely due to the way McDonald's is handling the transaction. If a merchant operates by placing an order/authorization, money is placed on hold pending completion of the order/authorization. Most merchants claim the money that's on hold, but sometimes they submit a new charge to get the money they're owed.

That leaves the original order/authorization pending, and it looks like a duplicate charge. Pending orders/authorizations expire after a while and money on hold is returned. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but it would be up to McDonald's (and any other merchant doing this) to change the way they complete a purchase.

I hope this is helpful, at least to clarify what is probably going on. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.