Matching Payments to Airbnb with Credit Card Statements and PayPal Statements

HartleyTS18
Contributor
Contributor

On the PayPal activity for my account against the amount there is a statement like "You'll see "PAYPAL *AIRBNBPAYME XXXXXX#####" on your credit card statement. However I cannot match any of these "AIRBNBPAYME XXXXXX#####" against the applicable dollar amount on my credit card statement.

The reason I ask is that there is a payment made in which the dollar amount paid is less than the dollar amount on the Airbnb receipt. The only correlation between the two is the date.

Reviewing other PayPal payments, there is no single matching detail between the Airbnb receipt, the PayPal Statement and the Credit Card Statement, other than the correct dollar amount and date to identify the payment. 

How does one match PayPal payments to Airbnb other than the date and dollar amount?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi HartleyTS18, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble matching your payments. Is it possible that you may have had a balance on your PayPal account and this was used to part fund one of your transactions as this would explain the lower amount that you are seeing on your card statement? You can check this by clicking on the details of your transaction on your recent activity on your PayPal account. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

HartleyTS18
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. However the problem is that there in no one common reference number that is associated with the invoice from Airbnb, PayPal payment and bank payment.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

I am sorry about that, @HartleyTS18.

In this case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.