Managing which account/card payments are made online

Angela96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi although I've had an account for a while, I've only recently started using it more frequently.  I have several cards and a couple of bank accounts set up and although 'Choose funding source at checkout' is ticked I don't get the option at checkout and it takes it straight from one of my bank accounts (usually the one I don't want it to debit)!!!  I've looked under Wallet and clicked on the cards and accounts but there is no option to make any a default.  Without removing any details how can I choose which account/card I want to use when I check out?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Angela96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Followed your instructions, but didn't quite match what was on my screen.  So on Pre-Approved payments I have de-selected every card and account other then the ones I want to use regularly.  On shopping instore I have amended to the account I want to use.  On 'Paying Online' , the box is ticked to choose on checkout and I can't de-select that (not that I want to), but doesn't give me the option to choose.  Will hold my hands up and say I'm probably doing something wrong but any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Paying online

Choose how you prefer to pay on other sites.

• Choose a funding source at checkout

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angela96

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Angela96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Followed your instructions, but didn't quite match what was on my screen.  So on Pre-Approved payments I have de-selected every card and account other then the ones I want to use regularly.  On shopping instore I have amended to the account I want to use.  On 'Paying Online' , the box is ticked to choose on checkout and I can't de-select that (not that I want to), but doesn't give me the option to choose.  Will hold my hands up and say I'm probably doing something wrong but any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Paying online

Choose how you prefer to pay on other sites.

• Choose a funding source at checkout
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.