Managed payments - seller and item details not shown on receipt

eyejayinstrumen
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is probably a complaint more for eBay, but thought I'd try here as well.

When I buy something from eBay, I used to get an email from PayPal titled "Receipt for your payment to ABC Company" and it would contain details of the item. Now, however, I get "You have authorised a payment to eBay" with no mention of the item. I assume this is a result of eBay moving its sellers over to managed payments, so I'm actually paying eBay rather than the seller directly.

However, this is an incredibly inconvenient idea. It means I can't search my PayPal history for transactions to a certain company, like I could before. One company I buy a lot of tooling from has both their own website, and their eBay store. Both used to show up in a search, but now the eBay purchases are unknown, since it's just to eBay.

PayPal - please try and find some way of including the seller and item details in your receipt emails!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.