Lost Payment?

Anita1937
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On the 19th of September I received a payment, into my PayPal account (via eBay), of £18.  PayPal then took a fee which reduced the payment down to £17.18.  I can see the payment in my Activity list, so it definitely was received, but my PayPal balance is still zero $0.00!  The payment has not been added to my PayPal Balance!  So where did the money go?!  Extremely upset!  Please help!  Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anita1937 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anita1937 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anita1937
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply and, yes, you were right!  PayPal had, indeed, used my funds (the payment I'd received via eBay) when I paid for something!  PayPal had NOT asked me if I wanted to use the funds, so I had not realised!  Thanks again for your input and help 🙂

Login to Me Too

CarolEccel
New Community Member

My sister donated $1000.00 to my go fund me through PayPal and I never got it. They told my sister it was put in my account but I never got it. I have one debit card on file. Now they tell me I don't have an account and yet I went right to it. I buy online all the time with it because I'm shut in. I have a feeling they are not being honest.

Login to Me Too

CarolEccel
New Community Member

I have bought several things since but I always check my bank right after and it has gone out from my card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.