Loosing money because of Conversion

Djiber
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've noticed that I'm "loosing" money using PayPal...

Each time I make payment PayPal sends request to my Bank in my Country Currency (HRK)

instead of my Bank Account Currency (EUR).

So basically my bank account has X EUR on it,

then PayPal requests X HRK even though invoice and everything linked to it is in EUR

which results with my bank transferring more EUR than it should...

e.g. my last transaction, instead of 100€ my bank transferred 105,66€

I've contacted my bank and they explained to me that PayPal is requesting HRK so they can't influence that.

I was searching for solution, but it seems PayPal removed option to set currency?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Currency-conversion-option-help/td-p/1997985

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/save-money-by-changing-paypal-currency-setting-for-invoices/

Best regards

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Djiber
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support contacted me and changed currency of my Bank Card because it's not possible to do it by yourself anymore.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Djiber 

You choose who does the conversion during checkout. There should be a "Currency conversion options" or "View conversion options" link or click the rate itself if it is hyperlinked.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Djiber
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Could you please provide me with ScreenShot or something because I can't seem to find anything like that?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Djiber
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support contacted me and changed currency of my Bank Card because it's not possible to do it by yourself anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.