Loading a debit card

anthonylyonslew
Contributor
Contributor

I have had my HSBC debit card loaded on PayPal for years. New card needs to have expiry date and code updated but the system keeps on telling me it is an invalid card number. It is exactly the same number as before and there is no way of contacting any intelligence at PayPal - everything spits out irrelevant FAQs and no access to an actual person. PayPal stinks!!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anthonylyonslew 

Are you adding it as a new card instead of 'updating' the old card if both new and old cards belong to the same card account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anthonylyonslew
Contributor
Contributor

tried just updating it and it kept rejecting the card number so I thought I should delete the card and reload it. Wrong!!!

I now cannot load the card at all - it keeps asking for a credit card number and I do not have a credit card on my UK HSBC account, only the debit card I have used for the last 20 years!

Login to Me Too

anthonylyonslew
Contributor
Contributor

It is the same card I have used for years. It gets renewed every 4 or 5 years and I have updated the expiry date and the security code before with no difficulty. Now I want to add the card - because I deleted it thinking that would help updating it. I deleted it because it would not accept the update, telling me the card number was incorrect. The card number is the same from the start, years ago!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.