Linking Mastercard

LouiseH51
New Community Member

I cannot link my Mastercard - credit card. I get the message that the number is invalid. But it is not.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

makiig
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LouiseH51 I hope all is well and this would help you for your reference How do I link, remove or update a card? Link a debit, credit or prepaid card From your PayPal app, here's how to link a card to your PayPal account: Tap the Settings icon at the top right. Select Banks and Cards. Tap the "+" sign at the top right and select Debit or credit card. Enter the new card information, including expiration date and CVV number, and tap Link Card. From your computer, here's how Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click Link a card. Fill in the required information, and then click Save. Verified users can add up to 24 cards. However, each credit card or prepaid card can only be registered to one PayPal account at a time. Update a debit, credit or prepaid card From your PayPal app, here's how to update your card information: Tap the Settings icon at the top right. Select Banks and Cards. Select the card that needs to be updated and tap Edit. From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the card you wish to update. Click Edit. Fill in the updated information, and then click Save. Remove a debit, credit or prepaid card From your PayPal app, here's how to remove a card from your PayPal account: Tap the Settings icon at the top right. Select Banks and Cards. Select the card that needs to be updated and tap Remove. From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the card you wish to update. Click Edit. Click Remove card. Note: each time you add a card or update the information, the equivalent of US$ 1.00 is blocked on the card in order to verify the validity. This is not an actual charge and the amount will be released after a short time. If, after 30 days, you still see this item, please contact your card issuer.
Login to Me Too

LouiseH51
New Community Member

Thanks. I did all that.  I get the message: "Check the card number and try again."  The card number is correct. But it won't link it. I have tried from the app on my iPhone and from my Mac. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.