Linked Ebay and PayPal with incorrect email

Lozza4
New Community Member
Please can anyone help me? I sold an item on Ebay a month ago, the lady paid for it and so it was dispatched. When setting up an Ebay account, I linked it with my just created PayPal account with the wrong email which included a dash when it shouldn't have. This woman has basically paid into a PayPal account that doesn't exist and my funds are now in limbo. I have been onto both PP and Ebay numerous times but they keep batting me off one another saying it isn't their issue. How can I claim my money? Is it lost forever?? If I create a dummy PP account with the wrong email I originally entered and add my card deets will it the money automatically transfer into that account even though the woman has already paid?? Helpppppp
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozza4 

No need to create dummy PayPal accounts. Simply establish email address with the dash in it at the same email domain/service as your correct email address and add it to your PayPal account and confirm that email address.

Then the funds should show up in your current PayPal account. We can have up to 8 email addresses per PayPal account.

For example, if the email address used was my-emailaddress @ gmail, then establish that email address at gmail.

Make sure that any current and future eBay listings have the correct PayPal email address (without the dash) entered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozza4 

No need to create dummy PayPal accounts. Simply establish email address with the dash in it at the same email domain/service as your correct email address and add it to your PayPal account and confirm that email address.

Then the funds should show up in your current PayPal account. We can have up to 8 email addresses per PayPal account.

For example, if the email address used was my-emailaddress @ gmail, then establish that email address at gmail.

Make sure that any current and future eBay listings have the correct PayPal email address (without the dash) entered.

Login to Me Too

Lozza4
New Community Member
Hi, thanks.. how do I do that? Xx
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozza4 wrote:
Hi, thanks.. how do I do that? Xx

Do what?

You don't know how to establish a new email address at your email service provider? You basically have to create a new email account with the email address you used to receive payment because it currently doesn't exist. Then add it your PayPal account. The money is associated with this unregistered email address so it has to be established as a valid email address and then added to your PayPal account to claim the funds into your PayPal account.

If you don't know how to add a email address to PayPal account, click gear icon at the top menu and click the "+" in the email address section.

Login to Me Too

Lozza4
New Community Member
Gmail won't let me create an account with the same email I've already used
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Lozza4,

Have you tried adding the email address with the dash to your PayPal account and request the confirmation of this email address. Even though it is the same email address the PayPal system will think it is different and allow confirmation. You will find the email confirmation process explained here. 

Please note a payment which goes unclaimed more than 30 days will automatically return to the sender. It would suggest you contact our support by phone if the time is running out. You will find the contact detail in the Help section of your account. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.