Less money taken from bank account than paypal invoice

WingsofDawn
Contributor
Contributor

For reference I am in Australia and use AUD

I recently made a purchase from a store on Etsy through paypal. This etsy store was based in China and their items are listed in USD. Etsy did a rough conversion and the Etsy invoice says I paid $21.88 USD ($29.35 AUD)

My Paypal invoice however says I paid $29.38 AUD (21.88USD) - I understand that Paypal also factors their 'fee' into their exchange rate which could account for this difference.

HOWEVER - In my bank account only $26.70 AUD has been withdrawn despite my Paypal invoice stating that I was charged $29.38 AUD

Because this Etsy store was based outside Australia GST was added after I proceeded to the checkout and upon a rough conversion I've realised that the amount withdrawn from my bank account is excluding the GST.

I am confused by this because the GST and order total is written on my Paypal invoice however I wasn't charged this full amount.

Also slightly frustrating because my invoice now doesn't match the withdrawn amount which I need for tax purposes.

Is this something that will fix itself on its own? Will paypal make another withdrawal for the GST amount?

Is there anything I need to do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.