Label Incoming Payment Types

lllill
New Community Member

Hi all,

Is there a way to label different types of incoming payments? For example, I have payments coming in from:

ebay

shopify

etsy

affiliate payments

I'd like to be able to sort by the different types of payments that are coming in. So if I needed to see how much I was being paid and by who for ebay, I would be able to distinguish the payments only for ebay and so on. Is there currently a way to do this so that the payment identifier is linked to each respective payment acccount (etsy, shopify, etc.)?

Essentially, I am looking to be able to label and filter by payments when I am running my numbers at the end of the month. Currently, I am having to decipher each payment without knowing which platform the payment came in through.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lllill 

There isn't. You'll have to find something unique about the payment from each platform when it comes in and sort accordingly. It's up to how those platforms integrate PayPal into their system really. Do these platforms have an identifier of their own such as order number/listing number that is on the payment details that is unique from each other, even?

Do these platforms let you export orders? That could be a way to do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.