Kick an error when making a purchase

phiyen01
Contributor
Contributor

I have an error : "Sorry, we can't complete your purchase right now"

I have tried again many times but it still didn't work.

Anyone know what wrong with it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

RichardMaison
Contributor
Contributor

Why did customers get the error "PayPal cannot process your payment. Please contact the merchant to solve this issue"?

Issue
PayPal gave a customer a "cannot process your payment" error message.

Cause
There is likely an issue with your button or account.

Solution
Review your code and compare it to the code snippet provided by PayPal. If this is a hosted button, changes made to the button code will have no impact and the actual hosted button code must be changed. 

For help resolving this issue or others, visit PayPal's Contact Customer Service page.

Login to Me Too

phiyen01
Contributor
Contributor

What is "the button" and "the code" ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @phiyen01,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering an error when making a purchase. The information that @RichardMaison copied was written for merchants, to help them troubleshoot their own chaeckout experiences when their buyers get that specific error.

In your case, the error is different and can be due to a wide range of things. Here are a few things you can check. If all of those things have been ruled out, it is possible that the payment is being declined for security reasons. The system may prevent a transaction from occurring if there are any indications of potential risk of unauthorized use or other security issues. In that case, it would be best to try the payment again at a later date or with a different payment method.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.