KSP Lawyers - letter for asking payment

rishoo2019
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am posting this in regards to how a big corporation like Paypal without looking into its own mistakes is acting unethically and enforcing me to pay three times the liability amount. This had been the recent case with me wherein i have received a letter from KSP to pay around one hundred fifteen for a transaction of thirty five euros on Paypal. Being a small customer, i don't have enough money and energy to defend this.

I am new to Germany and I opened my PayPal account in Germany sometime during June 2019. I had a vacation plan and I bought a FlixBus ticket through paypal during the last week of June (My first PayPal transaction ). Before, initiating the transaction, a few days before, I had connected my PayPal account with my personal bank account (It had sufficient balance for PayPal transaction). Paypal had verified the account and displayed it to be active. Hence, on going to FlixBus website, and paypal displayed as one of Payment option, I bought the ticket. Paypal immediately showed the transaction successful. I never opened the PayPal app after that. Being not an avid user of PayPal and using my bank card most of the times, i didn't look for opening the app. Also, i was on vacation.

Later, in 1st week of August as i checked my email. I saw an email from KSP demanding me a sum of one hundred fifteen euros. I wrote an email to flixbus, and they said they have received the money. I than contacted Paypal and it said, i owe them fourty four Euros implying thirty euros for ticket and nine euros for charges in failing to deduct money from my account. I asked PayPal about KSP and they said that i have to call KSP as they don't have any idea about their working. I called KSP and they said that i have to pay them one hundred fifteen euros else they will put more fine on me.

I than contacted one of collection department of PayPal and they said that as they didn't receive this money in one month hence, they had submitted my account to KSP. The Paypal person behaviour was strange as he said, PayPal doesn't have my phone number in system, hence, they couldn't call me and had to submit the account to KSP. But, I have an SMS security code from PayPal with which I verified my phone and also my phone number was clearly visible on PayPal. The person said that he cannot do anything about the amount, and I have to pay it. It could be clearly understood from his way of talking that he was lying about not having my phone number.

It is a pity that Paypal acts in this manner with their new customers. My first transaction and they loot me like this. There were so many ways to contact me (Through email - all went into my spam folder and i couldn't see them). Even a bank would not charge 3 times the money within a month. Also, it displayed my bank account active and connected on PayPal, so is it my fault if they couldn't deduct money from my account because of some bank restrictions with PayPal? Also, they could have given me a call and told me about this pending fee? And also, what about the corporate social responsibility of ethical behaviour? I don't understand even how government also allows this kind of terms from corporates. I have lost my faith with Paypal. Also, i faced a huge language barrier, i made lot of call to their customer service and they told me they couldn't communicate in English. This is a very enforceable behaviour and unethical.

Regards,

Rishoo <removed>

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JJOrdonez

I am from Germany and I have the same problem.

My PayPal account was in Minus and I got an E-Mail from KSP yesterday.

They want me to pay three times the liability amount, too.

I replied to them that I do not accept this and will talk about this with my lawyer.

I will lodge a complaint at the Bar Council against KSP because this is deceitful behaviour.

Three times is just too much and there are laws, how much they are allowed to demand.

There is many information about KSP on the internet and it is obvious what is going on here.

It is a big shame that PayPal uses such a shady law firm and I hope more people will gather to defend themselves.

For now I can only advise you to somehow get a lawyer, perhaps the district court can help you.

Wish you all best

Login to Me Too

temp20200821
Contributor
Contributor

I've had PayPal accounts in three different countries with the first one going as far back as 2004...

Never had any problems.

Now they have turned into something evil, and for a technical error on their side, that resulted in a negative balance of NINE euros (9) .... they try to penalize me by throwing me to the KSP (kSSp) dogs.

It's insane that they are holding hundreds of MY euros in between all three accounts but the one that they manage to **bleep** up, gets me in trouble with a legal firm that behaves like the Mafia ...

If there are any legit lawyers reading all of this, can we collect all this similar stories and go A-Class on their ashss?

This has to be a great convo of consumer fraud/consumer abuse/privacy violation/ unfair practices ...

Login to Me Too

sarabarba
New Community Member

Hello, 

I have the exact same problem.

Did you manage to solve it?

Sara

Login to Me Too

av8or
Contributor
Contributor

Same here new to Germany, PayPal refunded a buyer which refused the package that cost 30Euro to send.
After Refunding they sent me this letter, despite being in breach of their own policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.