Item sold on Ebay through Paypal, transaction missing on paypal

Shoppero_net
New Community Member
Hello, I sold an item on 25th of August. I never received the Paypal confirmation, so I realized just accessing mt ebay account. The item is marked and sold and payment received, it also contain a not valid paypal trasaction id. I contacted by mail the customer service, the mentioned transaction id doesn't exists. What should I do in this case? More than 24 hour passed without any alignment.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Shoppero_net,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some difficulty with a recent sale. If you never received a confirmation from us, that means we never received payment to your email address registered to your PayPal account. I would reach out to eBay to check a few things:

• What email address is registered on eBay, specifically where are your payments going to. 
  • Can they confirm the buyer made the purchase

Until you can confirm the funds have reached your PayPal account, I would not recommend shipping the item you sold.

Good luck, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MRich3019
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. This same thing actually happened to me recently. The only difference is the item (a MacBook Pro) has been shipped and delivered. I have been back and forth in contact with eBay and PayPal about the matter as my eBay account reflected payment was sent on Oct. 5th yet no funds have ever surfaced to my account. I shared the transaction ID provided by eBay to PayPal this evening and am also being told that the ID is invalid. Please help as this is a large amount of money that is missing!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.