It says both "Payment sent" and "Waiting for payment" -- do I ship?

garyrob
Contributor
Contributor

I'm confused. On the page for my item, it says "Payment sent May 4 via PayPal". However, I have not received payment according to PayPal (it's now the 11th). And the item shows up under my "Waiting for payment" tab. There is nothing listed under the "Paid--Ship Now" tab.

But if the buyer paid on May 4, isn't he waiting for it to be shipped? I don't understand what's going on. Why do I not have the money he supposedly sent on May 4? I'm afraid the buyer will be very frustrated given that it's already a week since he supposedly paid!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garyrob 

Where is this even at where it shows waiting for payment and "Payment sent May 4 via PayPal"? eBay? 

The only time it may show anything remotely close to waiting for payment is if the payment is an eCheck and it should be marked "Pending" in green in your Summary page. Did you receive a PayPal email confirming payment? And on top of that, you don't even see a record of the transaction in your PayPal account, correct?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

garyrob
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response!!! I figured out the problem. eBay had the wrong email address for my PayPal account, so I had to create a new account to receive payment. In the meantime, eBay knew that the buyer had paid, but it couldn't register the payment as having been received!

Crazy, but all better now!

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.