It keeps telling me to add a card during checkout.

kiyopingin
New Community Member

So I'm trying to buy something from CDJapan, and it keeps telling me to add a card during checkout. I have more than enough funds in my balance. I tried converting the money from USD to JPY to see if there's any changes, but it's still telling me to add a card. Converted the money back to USD afterwards. Lost at least 2-4$ in the conversion, but that's not the main problem. The problem now is that it keeps telling me to add a card even though I have more than enough funds. I don't know whether my account is limited or not, but it most probably isn't.

Help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @kiyopingin,

Thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues making that purchase. Normally when you're getting that error, it's because there may be some kind of agreement that needs to be setup with that merchant for possible future payments. Our recommendation is to add (and confirm if necessary) your debit / credit card when prompted to. You'll still have the option to use the balance in your PayPal account for that purchase.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.