Issuing Partial Refund

SongBirdMama68
Contributor
Contributor

I am having trouble issuing partial refund to a customer.  I have looked at the "Help" desk and this is what it says:

Here's how to send a partial refund:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Find the payment you'd like to refund and click Details.
  4. Click Issue Refund.
  5. Enter the refund amount and click Continue
  6. Review the information and click Issue refund.

This is what I would usually do.  The "Issue Refund" is relatively easy but now when you do the same process it will give you the details of the transaction but to issue a refund, a button that says "Refund this payment" is the only option.  I did this before and it refunded the full amount.  I did not want to do that as I am only issuing a partial refund.  Usually, when you do it via eBay, it gives you another window with the old set-up so to just "Issue Refund" is easy because then you could enter the desired amount that you need to refund and not the whole amount.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SongBirdMama68

Clicking "Refund this payment" is the way to do it in this new interface as it will take you to the next page to enter the amount you want to refund to send (partial and up to the total amount) and to add order number and add a note. Perhaps you got confused and accidentally refunded the entire amount previously.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SongBirdMama68

Clicking "Refund this payment" is the way to do it in this new interface as it will take you to the next page to enter the amount you want to refund to send (partial and up to the total amount) and to add order number and add a note. Perhaps you got confused and accidentally refunded the entire amount previously.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SongBirdMama68
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.  Will do that and hopefully, I won't make any mistake 🙂

Login to Me Too

Liness
Why is my refund taking long?
Login to Me Too

SongBirdMama68
Contributor
Contributor

@Liness  - Sometimes refunds take time to be re-issued depending on where the fund is coming from.  I have just one instance that happened the other night where I have purchased a label from AusPost and it turned out I have a specific satchel for what I needed the label for.  I requested a refund and AusPost agreed to refund me but it may take between 5 and 10 days for it to come through so will have to wait at most 10 days for my refund to come through.  Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

fazlurrahman
Contributor
Contributor
i want return my money
Login to Me Too

thepluggedshop
New Community Member
I’m trying to issue partial refund and I don’t have that option I click on to the information of the buyer and I see the amount of the payment and it supposed to be refund under there the option and I just don’t have it I have it on all my other transaction but this transactional
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.