Issues with refund

Sherrydu
Contributor
Contributor
I am seeking help on my refund issue. I made some purchase online (Jul.1st) and returned partial items in the store (Jul.15th). The store issue my the refund invoice. Till now (Aug.13), I still have not received my refund. Who should I chase the refund for ? The store or PayPal. I went to the store and associate asked me to contact paypal. I emailed and atrached my receipt to paypal. My problem is the refund receipt number is faded away I can tell which items were returned and the refund amount. But the receipt number itself is not readable. Does anyone has similar experience?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sherrydu,

Welcome to our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent refund. I can understand how concerning that can be. PayPal will process the refund as soon as it is authorized by the merchant. From there, it can take 2-3 days to get back to your designated funding source (possibly up to 5 days if a bank). Since it sounds like you've been waiting longer than that time-frame, I'd recommend continuing to work with the merchant to confirm that refund has indeed processed. From there, you may also want to contact our Customer Support to see if filing a dispute may be available. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.