Is this refund ever going to complete?

MamaTyke
Contributor
Contributor

A gentleman purchased an item from me on eBay and paid straight away but then messaged me to say his son had done it without his consent and asked me to cancel.  I had already moved the funds to my account but I cancelled as requested.  The money came out of my account on Wednesday 9th May (the purchase and cancellation took place on Monday 7th May). I know they say 3-5 days but it is still showing as pending and the eBay item still shows as cancellation pending.  Can anyone tell me how much longer it may take?  I think the guy is getting pretty fed up waiting.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MamaTyke 

Tell the guy the funds are coming out of your bank account and needs time to clear so as soon as PayPal clears it, then he'll get the refund. The bank doesn't notify PayPal when the funds have moved out of your account. It just means that your bank processed and transferred your payment, it does not mean PayPal has gotten it. The funds have to move through bank interchanges and clearing houses and is done in batches. It don't fly through the wifi.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MamaTyke 

Tell the guy the funds are coming out of your bank account and needs time to clear so as soon as PayPal clears it, then he'll get the refund. The bank doesn't notify PayPal when the funds have moved out of your account. It just means that your bank processed and transferred your payment, it does not mean PayPal has gotten it. The funds have to move through bank interchanges and clearing houses and is done in batches. It don't fly through the wifi.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.