Is this a scam?

mlkillian
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to sell some items on ebay and I received an email from Paypal but there's so many typos and it just seems off

Important Notice: it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Activity section of your account.Until you chi email us the picture of the visa vanilla gift card and receipt for verification so that we can credit your PayPal account.The transaction can't be cancelled based on the fact that the payment was made via PayPal advanced method, the money can't be refunded  back to the buyer because it has already been ordered to your PayPal account. Thanks for using PayPal

im really unsure as to whats happening

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mlkillian
Contributor
Contributor

@Diegop12 Yes, this is a scam. They ask the same questions each time. ("Hi, can I see the condition of the item.", "is the item in good condition?" etc..) He may even send you an email threatening to contact the police, so be wary. The best solution is to ignore anyone who asks you to contact them through their phone numbers. You can contact anyone through a selling platform such as eBay, there is really no point in asking for you to contact them through said number if they are actually interested in buying. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Diegop12
Contributor
Contributor
i had the same message earlier today i dont know if it is or isnt a scam if you have any follow up info lmk plz
Login to Me Too
Solved

mlkillian
Contributor
Contributor

@Diegop12 Yes, this is a scam. They ask the same questions each time. ("Hi, can I see the condition of the item.", "is the item in good condition?" etc..) He may even send you an email threatening to contact the police, so be wary. The best solution is to ignore anyone who asks you to contact them through their phone numbers. You can contact anyone through a selling platform such as eBay, there is really no point in asking for you to contact them through said number if they are actually interested in buying. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.