Is this EVER legit? Bank shows PayPal transaction; No matching transaction in PayPal history

Puzzle2365
New Community Member

Hi.  I've read the related questions and answers.  This is a more general question -- I don't necessarily think it's a fraud case, but I want to understand how things work.

I was reviewing my PayPal statements over the last few months, and realized there was a transaction missing.  It shows up in my reconciled bank statement as a payment to PayPal of  $23.65.  (At the time, when checking my bank statement, I assumed I had made a payment to a PayPal MC which I had opened in the previous month.  However, the credit card statement for that month showed no payment made and in fact I got a late fee.)

No such payment was received by the PP credit card account.  No matching transaction shows up in my regular PayPal account either.

There's a possibility that I (or more likely my spouse) bought something online and it was charged through PayPal to my linked bank card.

==>Here's my question:  IF I bought something in this way, and my bank card actually paid for it, wouldn't it still show up on my PayPal account?

I've hardly ever used the account so I don't know.  Since PayPal is shown as the payee, I can't track down what the actual item was.

I don't want to submit a fraud claim to my bank if it's just a purchase. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

StaffyXk9
New Community Member

What do we do as I have been Gypted into buying a product that says on bank statement

and no record/history/transaction But, a ref number on my statement shows up!

And this online group/Co, are asking me to send a PP payment again!! when they said shipment

on it's way and in transit 10-20 days due to C-19?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.