Is the buyer a scam

Banniesc
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer said that he send payment thru paypal, I received an email but there’s no payment received yet when I checked my account. There’s a red note int he email saying that I have to confirm thru sending the tracking number. But according to PayPal they would not require a tracking no. I told him about it and he said that PayPal is just trying to protect the buyer and the seller and that the money is safe with PayPal. Is the person scamming me? Should I send him the item?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Banniesc 

Only send the item out if you see the transaction in your PayPal account as a Completed payment. That email you received appears to be a fake one.

Just to clarify, PayPal may ask you to provide a tracking number if a person paid you and you sent the item out. Then all of a sudden, the buyer would claim that they never received what they paid for. A tracking nunber showing the right product sent to the correct shipping address will make you eligible for Seller Protection.

Hope this helps!

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.