Is it just me or does PayPal fail more and more as time goes by

Rbaumann92
New Community Member

I will try to include every bit of detail I can.

Roughly ten hours ago at this point now, I realized my bank was going to be short about 180 from clearing rent.

Then I thought, Oh awesome, That's pretty much my exact av available bap lance on pay-pal, I will just do a simple transfer to my bank account, and I will have absolutely nothing to worry about. I am located in California (United States)

I have tried at least 30 different options. Transfer the money to a friends pay-pal. Then to his wife, then to their best friend, his wife, then back to me. I have tried to transfer the money to Safe credit union, Schools, Bank Of America,  Prepaid debit accounts... And at this point I've ran out of options. I've had one successful transfer in the low amount of $50 to the Schools credit Union. But of course, It wont allow to make any more of a transfer.

Earlier in the day it was giving me the message that payment could take up to 24 hours, so that wasn't an option to my current situation at hand. At this point PayPal is just giving me an error message, and suggesting that I try again later. I used to ALWAYS be able to count on PayPal whether it was an instant transfer of $10 to my soon for a baseball game, to sending off over 1000's of payments totaling in over --30k without a SINGLE ERROR

Personally I think PayPal bit off more than it could chew in taking on the payment -processing of Venmo, and Facebook, AND handling all the support too? They couldn't afford to outsource that **bleep** so they could focus on keeping their functional payment processing application running smooth, while slowly interrogating other payment systems... I understand growth, But you've got millions of people whom rely on PayPal working day in, and day out, and having been investing such trust in the company for 35 plus years. I am extremely let down by PayPal once again, for about the 10th time in the last 6 months or less. After today, I will no longer be utilizing their crappy services

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gnotes
Contributor
Contributor

I am in process of closing my PayPal account.  I say "in process" because I waiting for PayPal to post the balance paid off on my PayPal credit.  What I learned recently is:  1) Many people are fed up with PayPal; 2) That Claims are bogus -- that it is totally possible to lose a Claim based totally on the Seller's skewed  version of things without PayPal not even bothering to contact me, the Buyer,  to ask for my input of what occurred;  3) That PayPal is not a bank or a credit card.  I say that because I am sure that if I had used a credit card for this situation with Wusik , and filed a dispute, I would have received at least a partial refund.   I always assume there is a right to refund, but the Seller decided there is no refund policy.  There is such a thing, still, as consumer's rights, but sure are lacking here.  At this point, there is no reason to use PayPal anymore, and I will not.  

Login to Me Too

Billy26
Contributor
Contributor
There is only one way to gain from PayPal failings and that is to short the stock. The more they fail to deliver the more money you will make! Its a screaming short sell
Login to Me Too

Billy26
Contributor
Contributor
Short the stock paypal are their own worst enemies and they go from bad to worse its a great hedge against paypal catastrophes which you know are inevitable.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.