Is it OK to ship and item with Ebay HOLD

ovalles915
Contributor
Contributor

I just sold a watch (COVID necessity due to job impacts), and Ebay says buyer has paid. All searches say do not ship until PayPal tell yous its "OK TO SHIP" but I cant find that anywhere. Under activity in my account I have a payment under the Pending section and it says "EBAY HOLD" and "Payment Received". I click on the Print shipping Label (which is what most websites says will tell you its OK TO SHIP) but cant find that anywhere. I have heard horror stories about people shipping and then losing out on $ and their item, I tried calling PayPal but their customer service offices are closed due to COVID. ANy help on how to confirm the actual payment is in fact cleared with Paypal and just waiting for me to ship would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Go directly to www.paypal.com and log in to your account. Do you see this payment showing up in your activity log? If so, click into the details of it, and that is where you'll see information about the payment status, how you should proceed, seller protection eligibility, etc.

As long as it's covered by seller protection and you are shipping to the exact address displayed then you should be good. You should probably include signature required on your shipment as well, since it sounds like this might be an expensive item.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

ovalles915
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @angelleye the payment is still in Pending state and says EBAY HOLD Payment Received, so with the following I believe I am good to go right?

ovalles915_1-1587082052991.png

ovalles915_0-1587081997762.png

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I actually can't see the images right now because it seems they need to be moderated.

But yes, if you are seeing the transaction in your PayPal account, and it's instructing you to continue with the shipment, just make sure to send it to the address shown that's covered by Seller Protection and you'll be good.

Sounds like a standard eBay hold, where they will release the funds shortly after the tracking shows delivered.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.