cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Venmo balance able to be transferred to PayPal balance

SOLVED
New Community Member

Is Venmo balance able to be transferred to PayPal balance

Why does my Venmo balance not show up on my paypal balance? How can I get it to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Is Venmo balance able to be transferred to PayPal balance

Venmo currently is able to send payments to PayPal accounts from sales. If you want to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal, you have to do it through a bank account that's linked to both of your Venmo and PayPal accounts. Withdraw Venmo funds to the bank account and then add those funds to your PayPal Account via the "Add money" link and choose the same bank account to top up your PayPal Account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
Esteemed Advisor

Venmo currently is able to send payments to PayPal accounts from sales. If you want to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal, you have to do it through a bank account that's linked to both of your Venmo and PayPal accounts. Withdraw Venmo funds to the bank account and then add those funds to your PayPal Account via the "Add money" link and choose the same bank account to top up your PayPal Account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Contributor

That’s a stupid way to transfer money if PayPal is endorsing Venmo! The transferring of money between the two locations should be synonymous! Why is there not even an option in PayPal to use Venmo if someone requests money from PayPal to a Venmo email address?!! And vice verse?!? I find this utterly frustrating and illogical.
New Community Member

I'd like to know why Venmo was ever made in the first place. As far as I can tell, you can do anything you can do on Venmo with Paypal. With Paypal owning running Venmo, it's totally ridiculous that the balances can't be transferred directly. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Agreed!
Contributor

Paypal - really a great invention

Venmo - just the same ...

... but not being able, to transfer MY money directly between the accounts, this is the kind of technocratic cretinism, mankind really needs and is longing for