Is Paypal Customer Service really hanging up on callers?

GHuser
Contributor
Contributor

Is Paypal Customer Service really stating they cannot handle my issue over the phone and hanging up on callers, or am I doing something wrong? I am just trying to find out why my purchase did not go through and appears stuck in "Pending"

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GHuser 

Yeah, been hearing reports of that here and there. They're short staffed and backed up, I dunno.

Where is it stuck pending? In your PayPal account activity and/or your bank account or card account?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GHuser
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker thanks!  Obviously customer Service is busy at this time of year, however there appears to be no way currently to obtain prompt customer service.  I tried the Help Center and couldn't find articles relating to making purchases with my Paypal balance.  I tried the Message Us chat feature and no human beyond the Paypal Assistant bot responded.  I was supposed to try to explain my problem to the bot and they would get back to me with an email or push notoification.  That was 2 hours ago.  Every time I attempted to call Customer Service. I go through all the call menus and finally get directed to the line that is answered by humans.  It rings twice, answers, and plays a message, "We can't support your inquiry over the phone at this time. Please visit the help center and send us a message and we will respond. Then it hangs up!  That is it.  There is no "your estimated wait time is..." or "enter your number and we will call you back with in..."

I just tried again at 9:01 EST and they run you through all the menus and then say sorry we are closed, call back tomorrow.  This really S***s!!!

As for my transaction. I was making a purchase online.  I was given the option to pay with Paypal and use my Paypal balance AND a credit card to make up the difference.  The transaction is stuck on Paypal showing "Pending". On my phone app, it does not say pending, it shows I have a zero balance and the merchant was paid.  The merchant states they did not receive my payment, they cancelled the order and I need to place the order again. So, I can place the order again and pay with a credit card, but what happens to my Paypal balance???

Very frustrated that a company as big as Paypal just shut off the lights and went home at 9pm during the holiday shopping season without answering my urgent concern.

Login to Me Too

GHuser
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  I am doing a little better with the "Message us" chat to communicate with Customer Service.  Today is 12/15/2020 and it is looking like they are ranging about 2-3 hours to reply to a message during the busy holiday time.  It is not quite like the immediate back-and-forth chat I have experienced on other websites.

The information given was somewhat helpful. I have over $200 tied up in a "Pending" transaction that can only be released by the merchant. or after it is idle for 30 days.  So, no resolution yet...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.