Is PayPal discontinuing its service in India?

bruhbuzz
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted some clarification on the recent news. Some say we can continue to work. I'm a freelancer who provides content writing services to UK & US client and mainly deals with USD transactions. How is it going to affect me? Should I consider alternatives?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bruhbuzz 

FROM A PAYPAL MESSAGE.

You can continue to use PayPal to send and receive international payments.

However, effective 1 April 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, you will not be able to receive INR payments from other PayPal Payments Private Limited users. As stated above, this has no impact on PayPal’s international services, and you can continue to send and receive international payments in line with our User Agreement.

India is an important market for PayPal, and we will continue to invest in product development here that enables Indian businesses to increase their sales internationally. In light of the current market conditions, we believe PayPal can have the greatest impact in helping to revive Indian businesses by focusing all our attention on enabling international payments.

This change to your PayPal account will be implemented automatically and no action is required from you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bruhbuzz 

FROM A PAYPAL MESSAGE.

You can continue to use PayPal to send and receive international payments.

However, effective 1 April 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, you will not be able to receive INR payments from other PayPal Payments Private Limited users. As stated above, this has no impact on PayPal’s international services, and you can continue to send and receive international payments in line with our User Agreement.

India is an important market for PayPal, and we will continue to invest in product development here that enables Indian businesses to increase their sales internationally. In light of the current market conditions, we believe PayPal can have the greatest impact in helping to revive Indian businesses by focusing all our attention on enabling international payments.

This change to your PayPal account will be implemented automatically and no action is required from you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.