Invoice Payment missing even though completed

NearuBird
Contributor
Contributor

I do freelance work as a digital artist, and I use PayPal to handle payments for anyone that wants to commission me for my work using PayPal's invoice system. Their invoice system is really nice and hasn't caused any problems up until now. Recently I sent out 3 invoices to a client that was getting a lot of work from me, and he paid me right away. However, when I went back to my Summary to view the funds, my balance only showed that one of the invoice payments had been received. All 3 invoices are listed as paid, but 2 of them seem to be missing from my balance total. I told my client about this and he asked his bank about it, and nothing was wrong with his side of the deal. I checked the invoice details for the 2 that were missing, but nothing is out of the ordinary, nor does it say the payments are on hold. It just looks like any other paid Invoice, but just without the actual money. 

I know PayPal doesn't automatically transfer money to any linked bank accounts without the user's consent so I know it hasn't gone to my bank, and I've done some test transactions on small purchases to see if that would sort of refresh it but it hasn't. We also tried waiting a while just in case his bank needed to check the transaction before sending it to my Paypal balance. I also tried going through PayPal's help center and they couldn't help me because the payment says it's been completed, and I can't describe my problem in 100 characters or less either. 

If anyone has any tips or help they could give me that'd be really appreciated. It'd be nice to know just in case this happens in the future because this is my livelihood and I'd like to continue doing what I do. Thank you to anyone who replies or helps. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.