International transactio

Hey, i'm from Romania, and i have an product to sell on a local site. 2 days ago, i was contacted by e militar man, which lives in Florida, and now is in Africa, with his base, and wanted to buy my product. I agreed, and i sent him my bank account, my address and my name, and he said that he sent the money with international paypal transaction. After thus, i received an email from paypal, telling me that i will have to pay 50 euro for shipping, and after i will make this payment i will receive in my bank account the money sent by this guy, meaning, 201 euro, 150 the price of the product and 50 for the shipping. Now, how can i be sure that this is not a scam? Or is this a scam? I didn't made any payment yet. He sent me the proof of the transaction, he sent me also an identification id from the armed force of the united states, but...even so, is this legit? Is there someone who can help me with this? I tried to contact paypal, but with no luck... Thanks a lot in advance.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, this is a common scam. PayPal does not require that you ship an item before a payment is sent to you. Here's an article from our Help Center regarding how to spot a fake email: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq2340

Login to Me Too

I received also his id from the army...and the item is not yet sent, he keeps saying that i have to pay for the shipping, and after, the money will enter my account...we are speaking on whatsapp, he also called me via whatsapp and spoke with him. Even so, is sure it's a scam? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.