International Payment receive failed

mrunalmhatre

I am unable to receive international payment from a company. They sent  a screenshot of error message "acount [my email] is restricted". Please help. Also what are necessities of my bank account to be eligible for international transactions such as, it needs to be savings or current account or anything in net banking settings need to be changed.

@kernowlass  @sharpiemarker @AlbanyDavid 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrunalmhatre 

You may have to upgrade to a business account or they have to try sending a goods and service payment, not friends and family payment. PayPal India accounts cannot receive friends and family payment type.

PayPal India personal accounts for receiving money might be inadequate or incompatible. On the PayPal India homepage, all clues lead to this if you compare the personal account and business account capabilities. Compare the options in the personal menu and the business menu of the homepage.

You can have a personal account for buying but business account is for receiving money/doing business transactions when you're receiving money for freelancing or selling products.

Each user can operate personal account and a business account so you can open a separate business account if you don't want to upgrade your personal account:

https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/account-selection

There's no distinction necessarily between what kind of bank account type you have linked to receive funds to your PayPal balance. It may have an influence when you're withdrawing to bank account though and as long as its a traditional bank account with online banking, not a total virtual (as transactions maybe harder to trace should it need to be recalled or located if its stuck somewhere and not being deposited into your account, ie transferwise). Check accounts are good for depositing and spending of course but savings maybe only good for depositing as some savings accounts only allow deposits, not withdrawals/sending and could decline it depending on the bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrunalmhatre 

You may have to upgrade to a business account or they have to try sending a goods and service payment, not friends and family payment. PayPal India accounts cannot receive friends and family payment type.

PayPal India personal accounts for receiving money might be inadequate or incompatible. On the PayPal India homepage, all clues lead to this if you compare the personal account and business account capabilities. Compare the options in the personal menu and the business menu of the homepage.

You can have a personal account for buying but business account is for receiving money/doing business transactions when you're receiving money for freelancing or selling products.

Each user can operate personal account and a business account so you can open a separate business account if you don't want to upgrade your personal account:

https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/account-selection

There's no distinction necessarily between what kind of bank account type you have linked to receive funds to your PayPal balance. It may have an influence when you're withdrawing to bank account though and as long as its a traditional bank account with online banking, not a total virtual (as transactions maybe harder to trace should it need to be recalled or located if its stuck somewhere and not being deposited into your account, ie transferwise). Check accounts are good for depositing and spending of course but savings maybe only good for depositing as some savings accounts only allow deposits, not withdrawals/sending and could decline it depending on the bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Keerah
Contributor
Contributor
So if i update my account to a business one then i will be able to receive payment?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.