Internal system blocking all my transactions!!!

Barnone50
Contributor
Contributor
I opened this PayPal account 2 weeks ago, and the 1st time I tried to send money it was blocked, it's been 2 weeks and every single transaction I try to make is being blocked by internal security system, I called and did verification and security check with an agent and it still didn't work. Yesterday I was approved for PayPal credit line and I can't even use it because every time I try to buy something or send money it gets blocked. Why is PayPal blocking all my transactions when they are all very similar to the 1st one I tried to make when I created my account? It's been 2 weeks and it's not going away! Idk why it's blocked then since I've been using the same mobile device with the same ip address as the 1st time it got blocked. Has this happened to anyone else or is just me?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barnone50 

Leave the account alone for a while, say a week or so, to let the security settle down and reset and try again but take it easy, don't blow up the account by making and repeating failed or blocked transactions. It'll induce the security system to continue to protect itself, locking things up. The security system can not be overridden. Start with something modest and space out the time between purchases to give some buffer zone. Be sure to clear your browser cache and cookies and restart your device too before attempting the transaction again.

A note about PayPal Credit, for after you get security off your tail; since it is a new/recently opened account, make some successfully completed transactions (meaning no problems reported aka undisputed) with your linked funding sources first so the system has some transaction history to go on to decide whether to offer you PayPal Credit as a funding source or not per transaction. PayPal reserves the right to restrict the use of the credit line. Yes, even after being approved for an account which is obviously an entirely different thing vs actually letting a transaction through because PayPal has to risk assess each one for the likelihood of being reversed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Barnone50
Contributor
Contributor
Good advice, thank you! I just wanted to say, since you said to leave the account alone for awhile to give it time to reset, I did that 2 weeks ago I left it alone for over a week and nothing changed, even after I had security check with PayPal support over the phone. Idk why my entire account has been blocked from every transaction, doesn't make sense
Login to Me Too

ErnstH
Contributor
Contributor

It seems odd that the system works this way. So if your transactions are randomly blocked by the security system, 

you have to wait a week or so and then start with small transactions... What if you need the money urgently or

if it's a business transaction? You have to tell the client: "Sorry I have to wait a week or so for Paypal security to relax then I can maybe start paying you with small transactions..." This really seems like a redundant service then. My Paypal account is linked to my bank account and verified by my bank and PayPal. I don't understand on what grounds they are withholding withdrawals or any other transactions. Is it possible to refund the money

or will this also be blocked now? I was able to get through to PayPal customer service via my bank being verified twice over the phone (by my bank and by Paypal) All Paypal could say was that my transactions were blocked and I should maybe try again tomorrow... I desperately just want to get my money out of PayPal and close the account, this is turning into a nightmare. 

Login to Me Too

cshumphries
Contributor
Contributor

I'll have to agree with you. They are doing the same thing to me and from my research to about 3 to 400 people Ive found. Paypal is in the middle of paying out a large Mass Tort Law Suit, check out Biggest Mass Torts against Paypal. Its all online they have been sued more than anyone and in every judgement paypal is told they have to change the way they do this kind of stuff because it illegal and it goes against part of the judgement made by the judge on record.. there is a new Mass Law suit fixing to start but stay away from that and sue them on your own or with a small group so that way you dont just receive some bull $^#$.. but youll get real money out of it. Hell they cleared my account reinstated it and guarantied me would not happen again, then as soon as money hit the account they did it again.. and keep tell me sorry check again in 24 hrs. Hell i cant even feed my grandkids

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.