Insufficient money in prepaid card, can I purchase using it with PayPal

Ahmad1994
Contributor
Contributor

Hey

i have insufficient money in my prepaid card

i was wondering if i can purchase an item online using it, knowing it’s connected to my PayPal account which has enough money.. 

Ps, the purchased item doesnt have paypal payment option 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I believe you must have enough money on your prepaid card to cover the full amount of the charges; otherwise, the card will be declined.  With PayPal, things work differently - for example, if your PayPal Account Balance does not have sufficient funds and you chose to use your PayPal Account Balance - PayPal will use your balance and then use your card for the remainder of the total amount.   This is because PayPal won't let you choose to split your funding sources. 

Note:  Outside of PayPal, some online sellers do allow you to split your funding sources so you could pay for a purchase using two different cards.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I believe you must have enough money on your prepaid card to cover the full amount of the charges; otherwise, the card will be declined.  With PayPal, things work differently - for example, if your PayPal Account Balance does not have sufficient funds and you chose to use your PayPal Account Balance - PayPal will use your balance and then use your card for the remainder of the total amount.   This is because PayPal won't let you choose to split your funding sources. 

Note:  Outside of PayPal, some online sellers do allow you to split your funding sources so you could pay for a purchase using two different cards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.