Indian Rupees is not showing while upgrading to business account

Darshan_1997
Contributor
Contributor

Hi friends, 

I am Darshan from India. I have created paypal personal account. But now, as I wanted to get paid from out of India customers, I need to upgrade it to Paypal business account. But, when I am trying to upgrade it to business account, on one step it asks for 'Primary currency' (which in my case is INR i.e. Indian Rupees), in that section it is not showing option for Indian Rupees. How can I get that option? Please help. My payment is stucked because of this.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darshan_1997 

To receive Paypal payments in your country read the below link.
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-receive-paypal-payments-faq1750?app=searchAutoC...
https://www.techtopic.net/steps-to-verify-indian-paypal-account/

Also....

You can continue to use PayPal to send and receive international payments. However, effective 1 April 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, you will not be able to receive INR payments from other PayPal Payments Private Limited users. As stated above, this has no impact on PayPal’s international services, and you can continue to send and receive international payments in line with the User Agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darshan_1997
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, you mean there is no option to transfer money in the form of INR from April 1, but can transfer in USD or other currencies. Ok, but here is another question, if I get paid in USD in my PayPal account, (firstly tell me where it get credited? In paypal wallet? Or bank account directly?) If I have linked my bank account to PayPal, will it get converted to INR automatically and then transfer to my bank account?
Login to Me Too

karthik16
Contributor
Contributor
I have same issue but here is the huge problem once u get usd than to transfer into bank they charge fee again for converting usd into inr
Login to Me Too

Darshan_1997
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I got it converted from USD to INR by default to my linked bank account. I think it first comes to wallet and then we have to redeem, actually I don't remember exactly what I did long time ago. But it get converted automatically is sure.
Login to Me Too

Darshan_1997
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, i got it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.