Incompetent and useless support, what can I do?

LiliCherie
New Community Member
Hi. Three days ago, I sold something online. The costumer paid me with Paypal. I got the email stating that I had received a payment and yet it never appeared on my account. I spend the last three days trying to solve the issue. Tried calling, multiple times a day, and I have never been able to talk with a human : “We are not able to help you over the phone at this time” and it hangs up on me. What ever I do, always the same result. So I did as asked by the robot on the phone and went online to chat with a support representative. I talked with multiple, and they dont even understand my issue. The second one told me he could see a glitch happened in the system and asked me to try some things. Nothing worked. I can’t even believe a company as big and serious as Paypal is completely lost and incompetent. The costumer paid me another way, but he is still missing more than 150$ he sent me VIA Paypal. That money is lost somewhere in the system. He asked for a refund on Paypal, but I need to accept the refund for it to work. On my account, there is NO activity between me and him, like he had never sent me any money. Obviously, there is no trace of a refund either, so I can’t accept it. So where does that leave us? The costumer lost more than 150$ because Paypal can’t seem to understand what happened and even when I provide ALL the evidence about the reality of the transaction, Paypal cannot simply refund the poor costumer. Worst than all is the terribly bad support we have not even been able to have, thanks to a useless support team over message and an inexistant team on the phone. Everybody loses in that situation, everybody but Paypal, who just got more than 150$. I have only one last thing to try : the forum. I am writing here without any hope. Just trying. If someone has an idea of what to try, let me know. I will for sure tell my mother to not use Paypal for her business, as they have no support whatsoever.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

xsizhu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i just wanted to say that i'm in almost the same situation, i need  the recent history to solve a certain purchase problem, but i can't since there is no recent activity showing me my recent transactions, it's like i didn't pay anything. Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone with this problem, though i think it's rare and very unlucky to be in such a situation,  i hope our problems can be solved in the nearest time, although i am losing hope with their support system, very disappointing.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiliCherie 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.