Inactive recurring payment is still being payed.

nubdienub
New Community Member

Hello, I have an inactive recurring payment that still takes 2.00 GBP per month from my bank account through PayPal. Because its inactive I can't cancel my subscription on the website of the service that takes the 2.00 GPB every month. But I also cannot remove it or cancel it through PayPal because it is already marked inactive, and I thought that inactive meant that I would stop paying the service. How can I complete cancel this payment? 

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nubdienub
New Community Member

I have a response from the third party and they say that PayPal keeps sending them the money, they don't request anything and my subscription was already disabled on their end.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @nubdienub,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a subscription payment still being taken out. Is there more than one billing agreement listed for that merchant? If there is one inactive one and another that is active, that would explain the recurring charges. Another possibility is that you have a second PayPal account under a different email address that has an active billing agreement. Have you ever used a different email address with PayPal?

If there are no active billing agreements on this account or any other and the funds are still coming out, please contact customer service to allow a representative to investigate.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.