Import payment from India through paypal

DhavalGajjar
New Community Member
I'm stuck everyone. Require your quick help. I have imported the material from China. The seller is from USA. The supplier is from china. We have to make the payment to USA party. I want to know for import payment through sea, payment term : 100% advance. Can I make payment through PayPal of this import and provide that proof to clearance agent to get the material. Or it should be done through bank only. Require anyone's quick response since out material has reached to ICD Khodiyar , Ahmedabad. Before Monday I have to make the payment.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vqwal11
New Community Member

Even I have the same question, can anyone help with the below: Is Paypal authorised by RBI as a Online Payment Gateway Service Providers (OPGSPs) for making IMPORT PAYMENTS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES? Please check the below RBI Guidelines and please let me know if PayPal conforms with those and if PayPal can be used for making Import Payments for Goods and Services as per the following instructions by RBI? RBI GUIDELINES for making import payments: C.15. Processing of import related payments through Online Payment Gateway Service Providers (OPGSPs) AD Category-l banks have been permitted to offer facility of payment for imports of goods and software of value not exceeding USD 2,000 by entering into standing arrangements with the OPGSPs subject to the following:- a) The balances held in the Import Collection account shall be remitted to the respective overseas exporter's account immediately on receipt of funds from the importer and, in no case, later than two days from the date of credit to the collection account. (b) The AD Category –I bank will obtain a copy of invoice and airway bill from the OPGSP containing the name and address of the beneficiary as evidence of import and report the transaction in R-Return under the foreign currency payment head. (c) The permitted credits in the OPGSP Import Collection account will be: collection from Indian importers for online purchases from overseas exporters electronically through credit card, debit card and net banking and charge back from the overseas exporters. (d) The permitted debits in the OPGSP Import Collection account will be: payment to overseas exporters in permitted foreign currency; payment to Indian importers for returns and refunds; payment of commission at rates/frequencies as defined under the contract to the current account of the OPGSP; and bank charges

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.