Im Not Receiving My Money?!?!?!?!?!?

Jacen_D18
I sold a nintendo switch on eBay and they payed and it hasn't arrived it sayed 24-48 hours its been 3 days 72 hours help meeeee!!!!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacen_D18 

Beware that it could be a scam. Did you receive an official email from PayPal about receiving payment? Not longwinded fake PayPal emails telling you to do this, that and the other. Real PayPal payment confirmation emails have very basic info on it: who paid, how much, for what, date of payment, transaction ID and not much else. What is the payment status on eBay?

If you do not see payment in your PayPal account, ultimately, you have not been paid so do not ship. Don't sweat it or freak out over it. If they do not pay, mark the order as Non-Payment according to ebay procedure and relist.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jacen_D18
I got an email from PayPal saying that my payment takes 24-48 hours to verify. I had to ship so eBay could verify that i shipped so i could receive the payment.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacen_D18 

PayPal does do reviews on transactions before forwarding it on to you sometimes. What's the payment status on eBay order though? Does it say Payment Received?

Is there a record of payment in your PayPal account at least? You have to be very careful of PayPal emails, they can be spoofed. Check the email address of the PayPal email about the 24-48 hour verification and compare it with another official PayPal email you've received previously.

Or contact PayPal customer service to ask if there is a pending payment not showing up on your account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jacen_D18

She did not send it through ebay but she still sent it i got a email from <removed> and it said her name and the $250 i was suppose to receive in the next 24-48 business hours.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jacen_D18,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a payment yet. PayPal will not send you an email stating that a payment will not be received until 24-48 hours later, but that is a common thing that may appear in a fake email. Please also note that fraudsters have been known to make it appear that an email has been sent from a different address than the one they are actually using to send the email.

If you have sent the item, it is recommended that you communicate with the shipping company to see if it can be retrieved.

I hope you are able to retrieve the item!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.