If someone bought something from me. How do iknow if they really sent the money?

Cjcj1
Contributor
Contributor
If someone bought something from me. How do iknow if they really sent the money?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cjcj1 

It would show in your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cjcj1
Contributor
Contributor
A guy bought a necklace from me and he told me to request the money to cover the cost of the necklace by using his email. Thinking it might be a scam i cancelled the request. I talked to the guy and pay want the tracking number to the package. How long will it take to get access to the funds? This is my 1st time requesting money from someone.
Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Cjcj1

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

We send notifications to your PayPal email address to let you know someone has sent you a payment. You'll also see the recent activity on your Summary page. Click your transaction to view the details.

Please keep yourself safe online by reviewing our information on common scams and how to avoid them.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-to-spot-fake,-fraudulent,-spoof,-or-phishing-emails-...

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cjcj1

Sounds like this SCAM..............

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.