If I have money on my paypal will it charge the card?

shugster
New Community Member

Say I have $200 on my paypal and I have a card linked and then I buy something, will it charge the card?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

fluez
If you buy product that asks dollar currency then it will use balance. (if your card is in Euros and you buy product that is in euros then it will charge card.)
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

During the checkout process, you should have the option to choose your funding source however, there are some merchants or vendors that will only accept a credit card and in many cases, if you are purchasing a subscription or setting up a recurring payment with a merchant or seller, a credit card is usually required.   Since this is a public community whereas no one here can look at user account transactions, it's not possible to provide a good answer other than a general statement.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shugster

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.