I was refunded, but Paypal took it back?

kaiyma
Contributor
Contributor

I made a transaction on March 4th, 2021 to send my roommate rent over Paypal. I decided to use the website, but it glitched during the part where I was entering in how much to send. I had entered the exact amount I was sending ($357.50), but when the page crashed, I went to go check  my transactions and saw that it had not gone through. So, seeing that it did not show up in my activity, I sent the exact amount again, this time with no glitches.

However, Paypal did indeed register that first transaction somehow, and ended up taking the amount from me twice. My bank account was plunged into the negative numbers. My roommate cancelled one of the transactions so I could get that half back. As it shows on my bank statement, $357.50 was sent back to me. Paypal then took out $35 for "insufficient funds charge paid," and then immediately took back the $357.50 that I had been refunded. I wasn't notified of that amount being taken back, and it also doesn't show up on my account summary/activity anywhere, but it's clearly stated in my bank records.

I've tried messaging Paypal from my account, and I was even on hold for almost an hour without speaking to anyone but a robot. I'm going to wait and see if I get any emails back from customer service, but with it being a Friday, I doubt I'll hear back until next week.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anybody have any advice on what I should do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.