I was issued a refund but it's not in my bank balance or PayPal balance?????

Truckingjohnb
New Community Member

I was issued a refund 3 days ago. It's not in my PayPal or bank so where is it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You will be refunded to the original payment method you used for the transaction. If you used PayPal balance, you will be refunded immediately. If you used your bank account, it will show on your PayPal balance. If you used a credit or debit card, it will take up to 30 days for it to reflect on your statement.

If this is not the case, you may want to contact PayPal support for clarification.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You will be refunded to the original payment method you used for the transaction. If you used PayPal balance, you will be refunded immediately. If you used your bank account, it will show on your PayPal balance. If you used a credit or debit card, it will take up to 30 days for it to reflect on your statement.

If this is not the case, you may want to contact PayPal support for clarification.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Truckingjohnb,

Thank you for posting in the community. I'm sorry that you're not seeing your refund. I'm happy to help!

Everything @goodboykr said is correct, with 2 additional things to consider:

• If the original payment was funded by debit card, it may either go to your balance or the card, depending on a few factors at the time of the payment. If you click on the transaction details, it will advise if the payment is headed back to the card.
  • If the payment was funded by bank, while it will go to your balance, it may not be immediately available if the original payment was very recent. The refund will be available when the funding clears completely from your bank, which can take 3-5 business days from the original transaction date for US accounts (more for some other countries).

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Laurenvict
Same thing has happened to me. It says refunded but the money is not in my account. I don’t think I will be using PayPal again. Awareness needs to be spread that this is not secure. Thank God they are two small amounts. Both were under $30 usd.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurenvict

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.