I was charged

Ritzmon
New Community Member

I tried to purchase in game currency from a website. Tried to pay through PayPal using my bank details and the payment somehow went through PayPal but I was not charged as my bank did not have money at the time. So, I cancelled my order in the website as it did not process my order because they did not receive any payment. Few days later, my bank account is charged by PayPal even though I had already cancelled my order even immediately when I ordered it. Initially after being charged in my bank account, the activity in my PayPal showed that it was still pending which now its not. How do I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ritzmon 

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joffer 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.